Already have some experience of whitewater kayaking and looking to feel more confident on Class 2-3 whitewater? The Intermediate Kayaking Course is the perfect way to make that happen! We have some fantastic sections of whitewater here in India giving you the perfect opportunity to understand and develop those fundamental skills. Following are some of the key points about this course.
- Breaking in and out of the river is the fundamental skill that we require when whitewater kayaking! We work on various techniques on different types of eddy’s whether they have strong powerful lines or are tight with small margins for error. With our help you will work on a strategy of catching and making those eddy’s you previously may have avoided.
- Riverside coached sessions, theory in the sand and coaching by leading you through the rapids
- Running waves and keeping the line can be quite confusing as not all waves are the same as we move towards Class 3. An integral part of this course is learning to work with diagonal waves, V waves and crashing or green style of waves.
- Body position and forward paddling are fundamental to everything that we do while kayaking on a river. A dynamic forward paddle stroke is the key to building up confidence and getting to where you want to be on the river. Our body position also affects how we kayak, our boat reacts and how we run rapids. This is a essential skill that will be continually worked on throughout the duration of the course.
- Advanced Techniques such as the draw stroke on the move and the bow rudder are extremely important in the higher river grades and it is on this course where we start our journey using them correctly and efficiently. A great way to do this is with a session on our secluded mountain lake and with no distractions from the river and its current it is the perfect place to understand and get a feel of your paddle blade before bringing it into whitewater.
Coaches / Instructors
All of our Instructors are fully qualified through the International Rafting Federation(IRF). They have a wealth of experience not only here in India but around the world.
You should have some experience of kayaking Class 2 white water. We will be kayaking for around 4-5 hours a day, and also on different rivers. You should have a certain amount of paddle fitness or stamina to go through this course.
Accommodation and Food
The region offers camping, bed and breakfast, holiday flats and of course hotels. Since the Kayak School began, we have been working with our partners, where you are made to feel welcome, enabling you to relax and get a good night's sleep after a great day of kayaking. If you would like help searching for your ideal place to stay just drop us a mail. Our partners offer great prices if you are coming here to kayak and are cheaper than what you can find online. Also please note that we do not take any commission from our partners.
Our ratio for Class 2-3 whitewater is 1:4. This gives you plenty of whitewater action and the opportunity to improve your kayaking while having the knowledge that your Coach / Instructor will spend time with everyone. All our courses are guaranteed to run with a minimum of 2 clients.
What to bring
If you have your own equipment then please bring it along for the course. We teach the modern way of kayaking and so if you are in an extremely old, long boat with no edge then we have modern, well designed kayaks, paddles and equipment that is included in the price of the course. A sturdy pair of river boots are mandatory (no sandals) plus any of your own personal kayaking apparel.
Interested? Fill the form below and get in touch!
Name should contain at least 1 character and be a maximum of 50 characters.
Purpose is Required. Eg: Take me trekking!
Please enter a valid email.
Please enter a valid phone number.
Invalid Date. Should be in dd/mm/yyyy. Eg: 28/02/2019.
Please enter a number.
Something went wrong with your inputs please check above.